Friday, January 17, 2014

I might as well have to begin with...

That's right. I made a blog that didn't consist of a subdomain on Tumblr. I thought I would start this as a blog to document my historical garment working, past, present, and future ideas and such. 

I chose the title "Mutton Sleeves or Bust" because although the stuff I mainly do is Edwardian, I love the fashion styles of the late Victorian era, particularly the invention of the Leg o' Mutton sleeves seen in women's fashion. After all, each era of fashion has a forefather, right? 

This blog will contain personal costuming posts, a few tutorials maybe, event photos, helpful links, photographs, and all the good historical stuff. I'm a fun person, so this won't your average old lady history teacher class in middle school. (No offense, old ladies who teach. Some of you are cool, though, so no worries.)

I also take requests as to what sorts of things I post, i.e., photographic information, questions about what I do and how I make things, etc. I'm not quite sure how this thing works, but if you have any questions or just wanna chit chat, just hit me up! :)

Happy Blogging to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment